Tuesday, November 8, 2011

24 Week Update

Hi All - nothing much to report this week... continue to feel Baby Baker movin' & shakin' all over the place! JD was even able to *see* baby kicking in my tummy over the weekend!!! I've been able to feel baby moving for over a month now, & it still catches me off guard. If I'm sitting still, I always look down at my tummy to try & catch a glimpse of *proof* that there is a baby in there! I also read in one of the pregnancy books that Baby can not only hear & recognize my voice, but can also hear & start to recognize JD's voice starting this week!
I have another appointment on Thursday - one that I'm not really looking forward to, the glucose test for gestational diabetes. I don't know what it is lately, but I have started to have unwarranted worry about things going badly during the rest of my pregnancy. For example, I'm worried that I may not "pass" my glucose test which may lead to complications later during delivery; I also worry that for some reason I will be put on bed rest & have to go out on maternity leave earlier than planned.

I wonder if this is a normal part of pregnancy, or am I being overly anxious?

Oh well, one thing at a time, right? Wish me luck for Thursday!

Here's what's going on with Baby Baker this week...

Your Pregnancy: Week 24 (www.parentsconnect.com)

What You're Thinking:
"OK, seriously, where are my toes?"


Your Baby
Your baby isn't just sitting around (on your bladder) doing nothing, he's working hard preparing for life outside the womb—perfecting his lungs and packing on the pounds. He'll gain ½ pound this week alone. Other highlights this week:

Things are starting to get a little crowded inside the old womb as baby grows bigger and bigger. Your ribs are probably pining away for the good old days when they didn't have a foot permanently lodged between them. Hate to break it to you, but it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Your baby's ears are fully functional now. And since they are, you may notice that loud noises and sudden movements can startle the little bugger. He's getting used to the everyday sounds inside the womb: the sound of your heart beating, your lungs inhaling and exhaling air, the growling of your stomach because your partner promised he'd be right back with that double cheeseburger and he's taking forever! He'll even be able to hear your voice when your partner finally arrives and you ask him where the bleep he's been! So talk nice!

Baby's got a fully developed inner ear now. This means his sense of balance is working and he can tell whether he's hanging upside down or right side up. He can also feel you moving, so go ahead, pop in your favorite tunes and boogie.

Your little Wiener schnitzel is about the length of a foot-long Chicago hot dog and weighs about 1 1/3 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment